Monday, May 31, 2004

Sandhyaraagapu Sarigamalo, Priyatama

Song : Sandhyaraagapu Sarigamalo, Priyatama
Movie Name :Indrudu Chandrudu, Priyatama
Singer : S Janaki & SPB
Music Director : Illayaraja

You should listen to this two songs and tell me what is so similar about them..or what is NOT so similar about them. When I hear "Priyatama.." I have the other song running in my head so strongly, that I have to turn this off and switch to "Sandhyaragapu..". I think Sandhyaragapu is an intense, more haunting version of "Priyatama.." owing to its much richer orchestrization. "Priyatama" is an innocent version which will make you smile, while "Sandhyaraagapu" will make you exclaim "WOW!!!" The guitars in "Sandhyaragapu" are the mark of Raaja, that which makes him look much ahead of his times! I love the prelude for both the songs, a different flavour each one. If you like haunting numbers, you will LOVE these songs too!

No comments: