Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Tella Cheeraku

Song : Tella Cheeraku
Movie Name : Akhari Poratam
Singer : S P Balasubramaniam, Lata Mangeshkar
Music Director : Illayaraja

For the last one month, I havent been listening to as many songs as I used to due to restrictions at work place. I reached a point where songs werent appealing any longer and it looked like I had almost weaned away from them. Then, all of a sudden this song pops into my head and I am struck by its beauty. Leave its alankaaraalu aside ("Nee thodu kaavaali ne thodu kovaali nee needa lo unna srungaarame"), the tune is extremely melodious and haunting! The use of flute in interludes followed by Lata and Balu's voice make this song a cherished one. Thank you for making my day, Raja!

Listen to this song at

Tella Cheeraku from Musicmazaa.com

No comments: