Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Ninu Vethiki

Song : Ninu Vethiki
Movie Name : Anumanaspadam
Singer : Shreya Ghoshal, Vijay Jesudas
Music Director : Illayaraja

Truth be told, I still cant get Prathidinam out of my mind. After listening to a better quality recording, I cant help agree that this album has satisfied me completely! This song was my second favourite when I heard the album for the first time but I didnt like how Shreya Ghoshal said "Oh bala..". However, the prelude of the song is more than enough to please a Vamsy-IR fan like me. Vijay Jesudas blends in perfectly and the first interlude is vintage IR class. Coming to the raagam, it appears to be Sindhubhairavi to me (think "Oru Naalum" from Ejamaan and "Jagada Jagada Jagadam" from Geethanjali).

If I dont intentionally stop myself, the next entries in my blog would be "Ra ra Gumma", "Kuyilalo", "Rela rela rela" and "Mallello Illese". Kudos to the guys who brought this combination back!


Listen to this song at

Nini Vethiki from MusicMazaa

No comments: