Thursday, April 08, 2004

Vennelai Paadana

Song : Vennelai Paadana
Movie Name :Sri Kanakamahalaxmi Recording Dance Troup
Singer : SPB & S.Janaki
Music Director : Illayaraja

Vamsy and Raja combination says it all! "How many times can the Raja-Vamsy-SPB-Janaki combination do it ??" , you wonder ... and here they are again. I cant help smiling to myself when I come to the charanam of this song. As one of my friends pointed out, the first interlude has SPB and Janaki singing
Janaki: Nee
SPB: Ni sa ree
Janaki: Sa
SPB: Sa ri gaa
Janaki: Pa ni saaa, da ni pa ...
When you see the picturization of this one the screen, its just amazing! (Naresh trying to balance himself while sitting on a rotating potter's wheel while Madhuri keeps roating the wheel). This is what I would call portrayal of music.

No comments: