Tuesday, April 27, 2004

Enni Aasalo

Song : Enni Aasalo
Movie Name : Jai
Singer : Shreya Ghosal
Music Director : Anoop

That will teach me not to get biased reading music reviews. I am sure I heard the songs of Jai long ago, but with a bias against them unfortunately. There was talk of Anoop being only a keyboard player for RP Patnaik, and music not being upto the mark. Today when I heard the songs of Jai, they werent bad at all! And I liked this particular song. Shreya Ghosal is slowly getting popular. I know her pronunciation is not flawless, but her voice is definitely something that deserves attention, and IMHO her voice doesnt have the hindi-accent that Asha or Lataji had. This particular number is definitely an algorithm-based typical RP-like song. But yeah, a sucker for melody (like me) will definitely fall in love with it.

No comments: