Friday, January 04, 2013

A Lady and the Violin

Song: Ayyayayoo Aananthamey/A Lady and the Violin
Movie Name : Kumki
Singers : Haricharan/Aditi Paul
Music Director : D Imman

  The best find of my trip to India. I heard this song during a taxi ride in Chennai and was instantly hooked to this song, especially after I heard the line "Nooru kodi vanavail maari maari seruthe" ! The base tune in this song is so good that I remembered it after just one listen. Today when I listen to it again, I have goosebumps. The male and female versions have their own charm. The male version has a more intriguing feel due to the percussion sounds, but the song undoubtedly belongs to Haricharan and his golden voice! D Imman reserves some of the best parts for the charanams where this song moves from a good song to a great song!

1 comment:

Kalyan said...

Bagundi ra paata. I listened to both versions this morning after reading your post. I enjoyed both. Especially the violin.