Monday, August 30, 2010

Annul Maelae

Song: Annul Maelae
Movie Name : Vaaranam Aayiram
Singers : Sudha Raghunathan
Music Director : Harris Jayaraj

  Nothing should deter you from going through this entire song at least a couple of times, not my spelling or the opening lines of the song. One of my most frequently played songs in the last few days, I am glad that I got to listen to this song in entirety while working on something else (and was hence far away from the "forward" button). The song begins to pick up tempo towards the end of the pallavi with 

" Imai irandum thani thani
Urakangal urai pani
Edarkaagha tadai nee"

    In my opinion, the heart of this song is its two charanams which are so much more spirited than the pallavi.  Starting from the interludes, the song gets a hindustani touch which I absolutely loved! Sudha Raghunathan does a fantastic job, but the main credit goes to Harris Jayaraj for crafting this song.

No comments: