Monday, July 20, 2009

O Saathi Re

Song : O Saathi Re
Movie Name : Omkara
Singer : Shreya Ghoshal, Vishal Bharadwaj
Music Director : Vishal Bharadwaj

Oh wow! Another song from Vishal and its not like I went hunting for other songs of Vishal Bharadwaj. Whenever someone writes about the songs of Omkara, the only song I had read about was "Beedi Jalaile". So you can imagine my surprise when I heard this awesome song in the movie. How do you live up to another great song with the same starting words ? Listen to this song to find out. Starting from the very first "Oo..." from Shreya you know that you are going to like this song. I am not normally one to notice the lyrics of a song but I just could not help notice

Ooo...Saathi re
Din doobe na
Aa chal din ko roke
Dhoop ke peeche daude..
Chaanv chue na

Oh Vishal, I just wish you had made as great a movie as this lyric and the music you gave it.

No comments: