Thursday, July 17, 2008

Kangal Irundhal

Song : Kangal Irundhal

Movie Name : Subramaniyapuram
Singer : Belly Raj, Deepa Mariam
Music Director : James Vasanthan

I thought of writing this song as soon as I heard it because I knew I would like it all the way through and that it would stay with me for a while. The song strongly reminded me of "Chinna kannan azhaikkiran" composed by Illayaraja and sung by Balamurali Krishna. This entry is a tribute to that song. I heard Chinna Kannan when I saw an Illayaraja concert on youtube. The way he chided Yuvan for singing mechanically was awesome! :) Coming back to this song, I like it for the new singers who gave it a good feel. The other songs in the movie - not so much to talk about.

Listen to this song at
Kangal Irudhal from Musicmazaa.com

No comments: