Thursday, January 24, 2008

Nenjathilae

Song : Nenjathile
Movie Name : Pirivom Santhippom
Singer : Jeyachandran, Shreya Ghoshal
Music Director : Vidyasagar

I had to catch up some of the latest Tamil releases so I had a bunch of songs repeating in random mode as I was doing my morning chores when I heard this song. My initial impression was that this song was very Illayaraja-esque! The sucker for melodies that I am, I developed an instant liking for it and kept thinking about who would have composed it (like I said, I was listening to many songs in a shuffle mode). My first guess was Yuvan as I didnt have any Illayaraja songs in the mix. When I walked over and checked it, I was happy and sad - happy for Vidyasagar and sad for Yuvan. Vidyasagar proves his mettle again with a beautifully crafted song that just melts in your mouth. I am glad people still work at having soulful charanams. In retrospect, I am glad Yuvan didnt do this track as he would have drawn comparisons with his father and then no one's happy!

Listen to this song at

Nenjathile from Musicmazaa.com

No comments: