Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Emani Ne Cheli Paduduno, Adaganide

Song : Emani Ne Cheli Paduduno, Adaganide
Movie Name : Mantrigari Viyyankudu, Shiva 2006
Singer : S P Balasubramaniam & S Janaki, Sunitha & Vijay Prakash
Music Director : Illayaraja

The song "Emani ne.." was reused in Shiva 2006. I like both of these versions. Ofcourse, I cant say enough about Illayaraja.

When I look at the new version, here are my thoughts.

What I miss from the old version:
1. The beautiful prelude.
2. The magic in SPB's voice
3. Much better charanams ( for both music and lyrics). The newer version has very lame lyrics.

What I didnt miss
1. The chorus going "awww...aww...", but the replacement "I Love You..." is not good either.
2. Janaki's voice. I personally prefer Sunitha's voice.
3. The percussions. The newer version has a lighter feel to it and it was my main reason to like it.


Listen to this song at

Emani Ne from Musicmazaa

Adaganide from Musicmazaa

No comments: